Saturday, September 27, 2008

Shopping Day




Today, Hayley and I headed towards Dallas with our friends, Kathy and Emilee. It's football season and with football season comes HOMECOMING! We've all been there and done that...and remember the fun and frustration of finding the right dress. Denison has a Homecoming dance, so we needed to go buy a dress. Most of the time, Hayley wants a short dress, except for Prom. She wants to stay cool and be able to move and DANCE! We decided to go to Plano, not Frisco today. Didn't want to battle the crowd at Stonebrier in Frisco! haha! We like Collin Creek Mall...still big enough, but not nears as busy. Plus Hayley and Emilee said it has a Panda Express!!! :)

It was a fun but exhausting day. Started off in JC Penney's. Umm....we tried some on. It's funny how designers think the saggy front is cute...looked like a formal maternity dress to me! heehee!! After Hayley tried on about 6 dresses, Emilee loved the first one she tried on (so did we!), we purchased Emilee's and moved on to Dillards. Kathy and I found us a couple of chairs in the dressing rooms and watched/judged/praised all 50 thousand dresses she tried on. (Actually, Kathy and I kept throwing really crazy ones at her, just for fun! She was a trouper!) Even the Hot pink with black and white stripes! haha! She actually decided on the 2nd one she tried on. It's blue and short...that's about all I can say. haha! I'll get pictures up here soon. We then went to Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, and Macy's...just to make sure we didn't miss out on "the" dress. We didn't!!!! We hit the jackpot at Dillards. (Sadly, the dress was in Denison...she had already tried it on once about 2 weeks ago!) haha! That's the way it goes!

Anyway. She is happy, I am happy, if she is happy. All is well, that ends well.

Oh yeah, I happened to swing by the Disney Store, since it boasted signs of 25% of Halloween costumes. heehee! Carson still needed one! So, I browsed through all the sales and came across a Jack Sparrow costume that was 40% off! YEAH!! I was so excited! I bought him the costume and the hat with dreadlocks! He was so excited when he saw it tonight! Even Grace was excited for him! She tried it on too! It is absolutely adorable...as much as a dreadlock pirate can be! haha!

Now, I am resting on the couch, with my feet propped up and enjoying watching the old TV. I also received a great idea from an old High School friend, Doug Tapp. He knows a class that has a website for website for their reunions and information! It's a great way to keep in touch. Of course, I immediately checked in to it...and I'm addicted to it! Now I have to get it all organized. But it's coming together! Well, I'm tired, so I'll get off for now. Love to all!
Janaga

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like some fun mother/daughter time. Give Kathy a hug for us!

Kim Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.